Retail Security Consulting Case Study Newport on the Levee
Newport on the Levee, located in Newport, Kentucky, is a mixed-use lifestyle center featuring retail, office and residential space. Newport on the Levee identified a need to assess and develop a plan to update or replace its aging security technologies.
Newport on the Levee commissioned SRMC to conduct a viability study of existing legacy security system technologies with access control, closed-circuit TV (CCTV) and call for assistance. We also assessed the effectiveness of existing security technologies and recommended upgrades or replacement to ensure implementation of the most up-to-date technologies to meet the needs of Newport on the Levee’s security and management staff.
Based on SRMC’s findings and recommendations, Newport on the Levee requested that we continue to provide our security consulting services to:
- Research and arrange for manufacturer representatives to provide product demonstrations for IP cameras and recording platforms
- Collaboratively evaluate the product offerings and provide assistance and recommendations for product selection
- Provide a system design with drawings and specifications to replace the existing analog security camera system with the selected state-of-the-art recording system and high definition IP cameras, along with a network infrastructure upgrade to support a full IP video security system
- Provide full support throughout the bidding process and implementation phases of the video system replacement
- Test and commission the replacement IP video system to validate that installation adhered to design criteria and was properly configured and functioning
SRMC continues to provide retail security consulting services for Newport on the Levee. We are engaged in the design and bid for the video security and call for assistance technologies for the new parking garage at the lifestyle center’s expansion, Aqua on the Levee.